Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Now What?? Suggestions welcome.

Since I am a newbie I have been spending time looking at all the great genealogy blogs at Geneabloggers.
Now I am really intimidated. I am not sure where to go from here. Some people have great layouts, some really interesting stories, and some have a real plan as to what they are going to write over the next month or more.
I am feeling like I am way in over my head.
I was thinking that some day I would like to become a certified genealogist. I don't know if I have what it takes, but I am going to learn all that I can as I research my ancestors and maybe some day I can make it official.
Today I was really excited to find my great grandmothers maiden name. I guess hours of searching all comes down to one little victory.
I am really having a hard time finding out about my maternal grandmother. According to the 1910 Census she was listed as an inmate in the Illinois School for Girls in Geneva, Kane, Illinois. She was 15 at the time.
I would be interested in any information anyone might have on that institution or any ideas for finding out why she was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment