Monday, April 12, 2010

Here goes nothing.

I have been delving into my family history for about three years now. I am trying to learn everything I can about researching genealogy.
Only recently have I decided to write about my family. We are nothing special. Just everyday folks. Well, maybe that isn't the right description either. Some of my family members did not fit in with the conventions of their day. Some were quite colorful, if black as in blacksheep is a color. But none that I know of yet were famous or infamous, of course that may change as I go back further and learn more about them.
This blog is my first attempt at writting about my ancestors. My father was 56 and my mother was almost 40 when I was born. They are both long gone now and I find myself the eldest of two children they left behind. In order for our children and grandchildren to know where we all come from I decided to write about what I find.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of genealogy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to genealogy blogging! You're really going to enjoy it. Be sure to head over to Geneabloggers.com and get yourself listed there. They also have helpful tutorials for managing you blog and customizing the layout.

    Should you need a little help with blog topic ideas, here are some: http://amycoffin.com/Ideas.html

    I look forward to reading about your family!

    ReplyDelete