Friday, May 21, 2010

Time to Backtrack

When I first started "researching" my family history I fell into a common trap. I just happily went along adding names to my tree on ancestry.com. Before long I had three thousand names or so.
As I learn more about responsible reasearching it became painfully apparent that my tree was mostly just junk. I now have the daunting task of going back and properly
checking my information and citing all my sources. The only way I can figure out how to do this is to separate my large tree into smaller branches and redoing  each one correctly.

I have been trying out several different software programs like Ancestral Quest, GenBox, and Roots 4.
It is nice of them to offer a reasonable evaluation time. So far I am leaning towards Roots 4.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment